2012 TUPPER LAKE WOODSMEN’S DAYS
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(All times subject to Change)
FRIDAY, JULY 13TH
- 6:30pm- Welcome BBQ & Music by Bitter Sweet-Park Restaurant…Everyone’s Invited-See details below
SATURDAY, JULY 14TH
- 10:00am-2012 Woodsmen’s Days Parade-Park Street to Municipal Park
- 12:00pm-Opening Ceremony -Grandstand Area
- 11:00am-Men & Women’s Competition-Grandstand Area
- 12:30pm Chainsaw carving contest-60 min. Quick-Carve-Outfield pavilion (Auction to follow)
- 1:00pm Woodsmen’s Loading Competition & 4-Man Event-Heavy Equipment Area (Immediately following the auction)
- 4:30pm-6:30pm Registration for Night Games-Main Office / Information Booth
- 7:30pm Night Games -Including: Tug Of War, Greased Pole, and more…….-Grandstand Area
SUNDAY, JULY 15TH
- 11:00am-Adirondack’s Largest Horse Pull -Grandstand Area
- 12:30pm-Chainsaw Carving Contest – 60 min. Quick-Carve -Outfield Pavilion (Auction to follow)
- 1:00pm-Skidding & Truck Driving Competition -Heavy Equipment Area (following auction)
- 2:00pm-Professor Marvel’s Magic Show -Gazebo Area
- Kid’s Events and contests-All Weekend Long
Kid’s Events and Contests
Woodmen’s Days Kids’ Games (Tentative)
Saturday, July 14th
- 1:00pm-Jr. Woodsmen’s Obstacle Course -Across from gazebo near lake
- 1:30pm-Water Balloon Toss
- 2:00pm-3 Leg Races -Across from gazebo near lake
- 2:30pm Splish, Splish, Splash
- 3:00pm-Egg spoon races -Gazebo
- 7:00pm-Kids’ Greased Pole -Grandstand Area
Sunday, July 15th
- 12:30pm-Watermelon Eating Contest
- 1:00pm-Pie Toss-Outside Gazebo
- 1:30pm-Water Balloon Relay-Outsize Gazebo near Lake
- 2:00pm-Magic Show Gazebo
The Tupper Lake Woodsmen’s Association is holding a fundraiser to benefit their Annual Tupper Lake Woodsmen’s Days. Get your chance to win 10 Face Cord of Split Firewood, OR 3 Tons of Pellets, OR $800 in cash. Only $10 per ticket and drawing will be held at the end of this year’s event on July 15th. All proceeds will benefit the Tupper Lake Woodmen’s Days.
The 2012 Annual Tupper Lake Woodsmen’s Days will host a BBQ at the Park Restaurant on Friday, July 13th featuring Class Rock sounds live by Bitter Sweet. This informal welcome event is open to the entire public and all family members are encouraged to come. Great food and friends is a great way to kick-off this event!
BBQ will begin at 6:30pm with the band playing from 8:30-11:30pm. All you can eat BBQ buffet will feature chicken and pork plus yummy sides. Price is $20.00 for adults and $10 for kids ages 5-11. Those who just want to come listen to great music and not have dinner will be charged a $5.00 cover for the band. The committee encourages anyone interested in attending to reserve their tickets before the event by calling the Association office at 518.359.9444.
Remember, there are also weekend passes available for pre-sale. Pass prices for pre-sale are $7.50 for anyone over 10 years old (a $2.50 savings) and $2.00 for kids ages 5-10 (a $2.00 savings). Go online to www.woodsmendays.com for more details and a tentative schedule on the fun-filled family weekend dubbed the Annual Tupper Lake Woodsmen’s Days.
The Tupper Lake Woodsmen’s Association is a not-for-profit organization founded in March 1983. Their annual event, the Woodsmen’s Days, is held the second weekend in July. Any proceeds from the event are used to make contributions back into the community including: Adirondack Medical Center; March of Dimes; Tupper Lake Rescue Squad; Castles of Toys; Tupper Lake Food Pantry; the Piercefield Fire Department; the local S.A.D.D. program; and Hospice.